Sunday, July 01, 2007

Techy Shopping in Singapore

How did I forget about this? There are three really big places to get good cheap techy stuff if you can get to them: Hong Kong, Akihabara in Tokoyo, and Singapore! It was only when I saw one of the big electronics malls when I was on my ay to Little India that I remembered! Mmm, shiny shiny! 5 floors of camera stuff, computer stuff, laptop stuff, TV stuff and general techy bling bling - could have spent the entire day there and come away with a great big hole in my credit card! Unfortunately I had to limit myself to what I could carry in my hand luggage on the plane, and I could'nt rally justify a new laptop or an iPhone-style PCA-cum-phone to myself. So, I limited m purchases to a few bits and pieces - an 8Gb USB pen drive for about 1/4 what you'd pay at home, and a MP4 player with a nifty little 3" screen was pretty much it. The UI on the MP4 player leaves a lot to be desired, and the software CD that came with it didn't work, but is a handy little thing to be able to watch videos on the plane/train/car/wherever. The memory ain't hugely great either, 1Gb internal and 2Gb on the SD card, still big enough for 3, 4 movies tho.

Next time I go prepared with a shopping list!

No comments: