Monday, January 19, 2009

Vodafone: we don't care who you are, here's a SIM card!

Well, I always had an idea that Vodafone were a fairly useless lot, but now I know for sure. My SIM card gave up the ghost over the weekend there, so I had to go into Vodafone to get a new one. I went in primed with some ID, my most recent bill and the numbers that I'd ring/txt most often, so that I could prove that I was me, but when I asked the girl behind the counter could I get a new card, all she asked me was my name, number and address! And she didn't even ask for a bill to confirm it! I could have been any frickin' body going in to get a SIM card!

So, if anyone wants to play a trick on someone, all you have to do is get their name, number and address, and go into to get a new SIM card. The one they have will be disabled and you can rack up all sorts of bills on them before they cop what's going on!

No comments: