Monday, February 27, 2006

shopping

Well, I finally got to the Silk Market yesterday. all I can say is "impressive" - I walked around it pretty fast, not really stopping to look at anything, and it still took me the guts of two hours to go through the lot! last time I saw anything like it was hte Golden Arcade in Hong Kong, but while that was 3 (4?) floors of computers stuff, this was 5 floors of clothes! I know one friend of mine (Louise) who would probably nevr leave the place if she went in - the only thing that could get her out of the 3rd floor (the silks floor) would be telling her about the pearls and jewellery on the 4th floor! And once she got to there, you'd need a couple of sticks of dynamite to shift her! :-)

Prices were, well, I'd say you could get a whole new wardrobe in there for what you'd pay for a pair of jeans back home! Of course it's all haggling as well - they start off ridiculously high, you start off ridiculously low (maybe one 10th of what they say)and meet somewhere in the middle! I'm going to have to book an entire weekend for that near the end, for shopping, although my problem then will be how to get everything home.........

This is a quick pic I snapped, you couldn't stop long to take pics tho, as the second you stopped moving the stall vendors were all over you like price-quoting piranha!

No comments: