Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Away from home again.

Well, looks like I'm off travelling again. I'm just after booking 4 days in Brussels again, over to see my friend Sara there. This seems to be becoming an annual event - am flying the 14th and back on the 18th of december. Will probably be the first real test of my ski jacket!

I decided this time not to go with Ryanair like I usually do, despite them being the cheapest option. With Ryanair, I could have gotten the trip for €20 return including taxes (or €9 less than it costs me to go home to Waterford for the weekend), and with Aer Lingus it was €75 - €58 of which is tax! So I'd almost be paying as much after tax with Ryanair as before tax with Aer Lingus. Once you include though the "transfer fee" to and from the airport at €10 and 50min-1hr each way, the differnece gets to be a bit smaller - with Aer Lingus I'm flying into Brussels itself (Zaventem airport) not some dipshit little town in the south of the country (no offence intended to anyone from Charleroi who's reading, but....), and it's 20min and about €2 for the train in to Midi! Besides, the last time I flew Ryanair to Brussels I had a 2hr delay on the way out and a 4 1/2hr delay on the way back, so I think it's time to give someoen else a chance.

I've also gotten off my ass finally about the ski trip on February. I'm heading off to Kitzbuehl in Austria with some friends, the 24th feb to the 3rd March. Shgould be a good laugh, altho we still have to figure out such minor things as transport from teh airport to the ski resort, accommodation etc..... ;-)

No comments: