Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The iPod lives!

Well, I finally got my iPod working again. I was home the weekend with the battery replacement kit, and tried opening it up and replacing the battery. It didn't go as badly as I thought, altho it's stil a bit unnerving to hear so many 'snaps' and 'cracks' when you're levering the end caps off - will they go back on? I got the battery replaced anyway, got the thing back together with no bits left over (always good that) and followed the instructions to leave it charge for 24hrs.

24 hours later, I went to try to update my music. Nothing. Wouldn't turn on. The little 'battery charging' icon was on when it was plugged in, but as soon as I plugged it out, nada. Plugged it into the laptop and got nothing. First thought that went through my head was "aw crap". First the phone died, then the rolex strap broke, now the iPod is fubared. Didn't have time to play with it much after that as I was back on IT support for my mother. Shoved all teh bits into my bag, and brought it back up to dublin.

This morning I decided to have another go. Cracked open the thing again, and straight away noticed the problem - I'd plugged in the power connection the wrong way around! Switched it around and sure enough, was back working! Now all I have to do is wait for the fecker to charge fully and I'm back on the road again! :-)

So, one problem down, two to go......

No comments: