Sunday, December 16, 2007

heading home

Well, it's all over now. Am all packed and am up ridiculously early to get to the airport in plenty of time do I can try to sweet-talk the check-in girl not to charge me full whack on the overweight bag full of wine! Liza better appreciate this bloody wedding pressie!

Last day didn't quite go as planned; was thinking of going whale watching, but is too late in the season to go from Cape Town, would have to have gone from Hermanus down the coast which would ave meant getting up at 7amish to get there, and since I got to bed at 3am after hitting the bars in Long st, that wasn't happening! Plan B then was to go on that "combat mission" helicopter flight, so I booked that for 5:30pm, but at 4 I got a call saying tehy didn't have enough numbers to do the flight so they were cancelling it. M other plan then was to do the red bus tour around the city center (which I didn't do before), but by the time they cancelled the helo tour, it was too late to take the last bus tour of the day! . So, all there was to do was sit outside on the quay, drink cold beer and soak up the last sun I'll see for about 6 months!

So, next stop: home!

No comments: