Friday, December 14, 2007

Last day in work!

Well, here I am, the end of the line. Is my last day in work here. Things are ticking along nicely here for the last few days, we went live with the product yesterday (as in, we finally set it loose on some live production data), and while I'm not exactly taking it easy, I'm winding down. Am passing most of the work over to the guy who's replacing me on-site under the guise of "training" for him :-)

So, I have the last day of touristy stuff tomorrow, then home on Sunday. Sunday should be fun, up at 5am to get to the airport for my 8am flight, hitting Heathrow about 7pm local, back in Dublin at around 9ish, all going well and no flight delays. Long day! Am straight into a training course then at work on mon, could be a week long, I'm not sure yet (only got reminded of it yesterday).

I now also have to bring a half-dozen bottles of wine with me, as I was going to ship them home for a friend's wedding, but the shop will only ship cases of a dozen or more. So, the wine weighs about 9kg alone, my luggage was 14kg on my way over and the weight allowance is 23kg. Am lucky that all the rest of my gifts for people are low weight!

Am going to absolutely freeze when I get back - is about 26-30 here most days, is about 7-10 degrees at home! :-(

No comments: