Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Well fuck this!

Just got an email from my boss, after asking her about how much time I was due off for doing all that work over the weekend. Here was the reply: "In relation to the time in lieu there isn't any for on-call unfortunately.". So, in other words, I worked about 13hrs on the on-call problems on Sunday, about 9hrs on the bank holiday Monday, another 2.5hrs Mon night/Tues morning (midnight to about 2:30am), and I'm getting fuck-all for it. The on-call rate is €50 a day for the week/weekend and €75 a day for the bank holiday - and that's before tax. So, €50 for 13hrs work and €75 for 11hrs work on a bank holiday.

Well screw that. Given my current salary after tax, €50 on-call money gets you about 3hrs of my working time (less if you take the tax off the €50). So, I'll do that much work, and anything after that, if the on-call phone starts ringing, it can just keep on fucking ringing!

No comments: