Monday, August 28, 2006

digi camera

Well, I finally had to give up on getting my digital camera back. I got an email last week from AirTran Lost & Found dept which said:

"I have not received a camera like the one you are describing. If one does happen to come in I will contact you>"

I was going to try to get the money back on my credit card insurance, as it covers items bought on the card for 100 days after purchase, but it turns out that when I checked the date I bought it, it was just over 4 months ago :-( I've contacted the airline about getting reimbursd for the camera one of their light-fingered cleaning staff is now using, but according to their T&C: "Claims for damaged or delayed baggage must be submitted before leaving the airport after arrival.". Technically I did that, I filled in a lost items form, but they'll probably try to say it wasn't a claims form, just a missing items report form.

So, I decided to go into the shops here in dublin to see how much I can get a replacement for anyway, seing as I have a few trips coming up in the next month that I'll need a cam for. In the shops here, the same camera will set me back €419 without memory card, or €70 more than what I paid for both the camera and memory card in Tokyo. I've done a bit of looking around and found it for a better price at www.pixmania.com - camera, 1Gb memory stick and carry case for €390 (incl delivery). Unfortunately the only option for shipping it was DHL, so all I can do is hope it gets here in one piece!

No comments: