Tuesday, August 01, 2006

gone phishing

It seems that phishing season has started this week. So far today I've gotten multiple mails from NatWest bank, Bank of Scotland, Loyds TSB warning me that they are performing a scheduled software upgrade to improve the quality of services to the bank's customers" and that I need to click on a link to confirm my details. that's very nice of them to warn me, but is kind of strange, seeing as I don't even have an account with any of those banks. I like the way though that they took the effort to put all of the text into an image so that it would defintitely not accidentally trip any spam filters so I'd definitley read it.....

Besides, it's not a software upgrade that I need for my bank account - I sort of somehow managed to break my bank card in 2 places....



Hopefully I can get the new one in the post before I head off!

No comments: