Saturday, August 05, 2006

Miles away from home again

Well, I'm now officially "away from home" again. I'm sitting in a friend's place in Milwaukee, waiting for her to get out of the shower so that we can head off to Lollapalooza. Temp is early 30s out there, so is going to be fun!

Am over in Milwaukee here now, at my friend's gaff. Trip over was a nightmare - I was supposed to a have a 2 1/2hr stoppover in Atlanta, but we took off 2hrs 25min late from Dublin! Landed at 5:30pm, exactly the time I was supposed to be taking off again. So, got put on standby for an 8pm flight, and hit chicago finally at 9:30pm local. Only good thing about that was that because of what happened they bumped me up to 1st class, so it was free mojitos for me the whole flight!! Got to my friend's place here about 11 last night, or about 5am irish time.

So, my trip plans this time around are:

  • Today and Tomorrow: Chicago, at Lollapalooza (with possibly some sightseeing)

  • Mon-Weds: Touristy thing around Milwaukee, inluding my very first live baseball game (Milwauke Brewers v. Chicago Cubs) and tailgate party on weds night!

  • Thurs: Fly to Boston to go see Andrea

  • Fri-Sun: Touristy thing around Boston

  • Sun: Fly home (arrive 7am monday morning

No comments: