Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Ski jacket, not a rain jacket.

Well, I'm just after discovering something rather annoying about my chinese ski jacket. While I was already after finding out that it wasn't really breathable (sort of important in a ski jacket when you're sweating up on the slopes), I now know as well that it isn't the best thing in the world either for wet weather. I was walking home from work and about half-way in along Amien St the heavens opened on me. Now, the jacket mostly seems ot be waterproof, but "mostly" isn't really enough, and soon enough I found the chink in the armour, teh achilles heel, or in this case the achilles armpit. The problem is that the sleeves unzip to turn it into more of abody-warmer, and the two zips on the arms don't quite meet flush underneath the arm. So, the rain was able to get in the gap. Got home and my arms were soaking.

So, now I know that while it may be prety warm in the cold and it's snow-going abilities are yet to be proven, it's definitely not the thing for the rain!

No comments: