Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Things to remember for next skiing trip

Hopefully this may make my life a bit easier next time around:

  • Book the gear in advance again - saved me a bit of money this time, 20% of shop price!

  • Bring a backpack to keep your shoes/runners in. That way you have to keep the ski boots on if you go out to apres-ski straight from the slopes. Also handy for bottles of water etc.

  • If flying with aer lingus, check the bags in online - saves queuing in the airport (normally I just bring hand luggage everywhere so never have to worry about this)

  • Get a decent pair of wraparound shades. the fakelys I had were crap for skiing in as they weren't wraparound so your eyes are tearing up after 2mins. (seeing as I broke them anyway, not something I have to worry about again....)

  • Remember: no matter how warm it is when you're stopped, it gets colder when you're moving so close your jacket before you start moving rather than having to do it half-way down the slope!


Am trying to convince myself now that I don't need to buy a pair of ski boots...

No comments: