Friday, June 15, 2007

Not with a bang......

"This is how [it] ends, not with a bang, but with a whimper"

Well, I've had my last day in the office here anyway - if not my last day of work (will probably be logging on from the hotel in between trips). Was a fairly anti-climactic affair. I had to leave the office around 11ish to get back to the hotel to get my stuff and get to the airport to get to my Singapore flight, and after the last few weeks of screaming and arguing and stuff falling over and not being done properly (or on time, or at all), I half expected something huge to crop up which would scupper my Bali trip plans once and for all. There was only one minor hiccup tho, which was easy to deal with. As I was leaving, the office was like a ghost town as there was some sort of "sports and social day" going on in a marquee outside, so it was like I was sneaking out without anyone ever even knowing I was there..... So, I said goodbye to the two people that were still there that I'd been working with, and left.

After I got back to the hotel, there was a quick debriefing session with Angelo, the project manager. I could tell he still wasn't happy with the fact I was pissing off with things not fully completed, but there was nothing left for me to necessarily physically do there, everything else will be a case of logging in remotely and checking from home.

So, next stop, Singapore! :-)

No comments: