Saturday, June 09, 2007

Shopping pt. 2

Well, I got to do a bit more shopping today I was originally planning on heading out and doing some touristy stuff, but then Angelo (my boss here) said one of his friends was in town from Oz, and was offering to bring us out shopping, as he'd been here a few times before. Cool I thought, someone who knows where all the funky ethnic stuff is. So, I decided to postpone the sightseeing and go shopping with them.

Turns out tho that this guy's idea of shopping wasn't quite what I had in mind. We headed for Senayan Plaza, a big shopping mall which I'd seen already. Was mostly all high-end stuff, Gucci, Prada, Dior etc - I'd forgotten that I was going with a couple of upper management types whose pay packets weren't exactly the same as mine! There were a few more "normal" shops as well, and I managed to pick up

The most interesting part of that place was when we stopped for lunch: the cafe we went to had a very interesting way of brewing coffee! Have to find where to get one of these things!

After that, we went across the road to Senayan City, another mall I'd been to with Anirudh and Michal. I actually managed to pick up some stuff there - they had a shop that did DC comics-themed clothes, so I picked up a Superman t-shirt and a Batman pait of jeans (they have a big batman logo in denim on the ass). After that, Angelo's friend dropped us back at the hotel, where we decided to go to the ITC (the mall near the office) to look for some stuff. I was fairly successful there as well - picked up another t-shirt, a load of bootleg DVDs (including Shrek the Third!) and a batik shirt which will definitely make me stand out from the crowd back home! The t-shirt is quite intersting, I saw some like it in Japan - it's an Astro Boy t-shirt (some manga character) with a hologram pic on the front - if you look at it one way, it's Astro Boy, if you look from another angle, it's an x-ray view of Astro Boy (not as icky as it sounds, he's a robot).


So, a good day's shopping, but I still have to buy pressies for people!

No comments: