Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Passport

Well, at least now I know for definite that work isn't going to be sending me off anywhere for the next two weeks anyway: I don't have a passport any more! I'm just after sending off my application to get a new passport, and I had to include my old passport to get canceled as well. So, I can't leave the country for the next 10 working days!

Man, I can't believe that it's nearly 10 years since I got a passport. I can remember being so excited about my first trip abroad (to Brussels to see my uncle) that I barely slept the night before. Now I'm so blasé about it that my 2nd last trip to Brussels I left work at about 4pm to get back to the flat to pack my bag and find my passport for my 7pm flight! (the last trip to Brussels I went straight from work, and I'd taken 10mins to pack my bag that morning). Since then, according to them applet thingies on my facebook account, I've been to 9% of the countries in the word - 79 cities in 21 countries. And a few of them (like Belgium, Italy, America and Spain), I've been to a few times. Not bad I guess eh?

No comments: