Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Power Cuts

Well, it was fun yesterday evening in work when we had a power cut around 3:30 - no-one could do anything, and just as it came back in, it was time to leave for the evening - but now this morning there was a power cut in my apartment building as well. I was just getting out of the shower and the light in the bathroom went off. I thought it was a blown bulb until I noticed there was no sound of the water heater pump when I ran the hot tap (it's not loud but it's noticeable). Sure enough, when I went out the all the lights were off, and when I looked out the window the traffic lights were out and the building across the road was dark too.

Yesterday in work we were blaming the guys digging a big hole in the footpath outside the building for hitting the wrong wire, but I can't do that for this morning. Maybe some overzealous employee in ESB decided we didn't celebrate Earth Hour enough? Or maybe it's me? Maybe I've started emitting some strange electromagnetic radiation that turns off the power? That'd be cool.......

No comments: