Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Well there it is.......

I'm not in my 20s any more. Apparently some time around 4pm today (or is it 4:30?) I'm officially 30. So there it is, I've just jumped a decade. Apparently everything is downhill from here on in now, as everyone here is gleefully informing me - next stop 40! :-(

So, time to take stock?

  • I'm starting a new job in a few weeks, more money, more holidays etc - and a 5min commute!
  • I'm still living in the same place I was 8 years ago - but seeing as that's city center and 5mins walk from anywhere, why would I move?
  • According to an app I found on facebook, I've seen 9% of the world, which doesn't sound like a lot until you take into account that it's a big-ass world.
  • I'm probably the most unfit I've ever been in my life, which isn't good.
  • Unlike a lot of ppl I know who live pretty much from paycheck to paycheck, I have a bit of money in the bank.
  • For the first time in about 10 years, I can use the term "my girlfriend" in the present tense and be actually referring to a real live person ;-P


So, not bad I suppose.

[update]
OK, just a call from my mother: the official time of getting old was 4:35. There we go so. It's done.

No comments: