Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Visa cards

Well, it looks like I may have a problem paying for stuff here. We had to get local SIM cards here the other day to save us a fortune on roaming calls etc, and I put it all on my credit card. Came to about 1,600,000 rupiyah, or about €150. Last night, I went to upgrade my room to executive class so we can use the exec's lounge and get free beer till early AM, but the card was refused. I had to ring home to MBNA and get them to unblock the card again - a nice long expensive 10-minute call to home (altho by call center standards 10 mins is blindingly fast). It seems according to MBNA I'm in a "high risk" zone, so every so often it's going to come up with a "check with vendor" message when ppl try to swipe the card, and whoever I'm buying off is going to have to ring Visa to confirm that it's a legit purchase. That is going to make things fun! Wonder will that happen for drinklinks as well.....

No comments: