Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fucking DHL.........

Well, after my recent fun and games with UPS, I said I'd never order using them again. Now it seems I'm having fun with DHL as well. Got a letter in the post yesterday dated 10th September from some debt collection agency saying I owed DHL €15.13 and I needed to pay it straight away. Today, I get a letter dated 21st sep saying if I failed to pay up within 72hrs they were going to possibly take me to court over it. Take me to fucking court? Over €15? Reminds me somewhat of the time the cops were investigating me for illegal dumping in wicklow 'cos they found some letter addressed to me in one of the illegal landfills!

I paid off the "crippling debt" anyway, but am getting them to send me out an invoice stating what the charge is for - I reckon this is from the time the guys at work had to send me over some DVDs to Indonesia 'cos the FTP transfers weren't really up to sending 2GB of stuff. If it is, this is definitely being charged back to the company! Am also tempted to ring DHL and ask them do they send their packages the same way they send their demand notices - got my "final warning" letter (dated the 21st) the day after I got my first notice (dated the 10th).

Last time I had problems with DHL it was over a package they lost. I ordered something from the US which was supposed to take "up to 3 weeks" to deliver, and had no sign of it after 4 weeks. Rang up the company, they said they'd sent it via DHL, rang DHL and they said they had no idea where it was. After a few days of ringing around different depts in DHL, discovered that it had reached Ireland 3 days after I'd ordered it, but then it has disappeared somewhere in Dublin airport..... Company sent out a replacement but DHL couldn't deliver to the house out of business hours, and wouldn't for some reason change the delivery address to my work one, so I had to walk down to the DHL office to pick it up myself.

So who's left to use for deliveries now?

No comments: