Monday, September 03, 2007

God doesn't want me to do touristy stuff.

Somehow I think God doesn't like me doing touristy things any more. On my last trip, it rained in Bandung, it rained in Singapore and it rained in Bali. I haven't really done anything touristy since, until now. And now, when I did? Rain!

For the last week, I've been playing tour guide to my Israeli friend Sharon who came over for a visit. Unfortunately I wasn't able to take time off so she was doing most of the tourist stuff by herself during the day, but this weekend, I decided that she's seen enough of Dublin and it was time to actually see Ireland :-) So, we hopped on the train and headed off to the West for the weekend, destination: Galway!

Yesterday, we took a bus tour around the Burren - the Burren, Ailwee caves, Doolin, the Cliffs of Moher, and some castle (can't remember the name, no place I'd ever heard of). Up til then she'd had good weather on the trip, but now what did we get? Rain! Pissed rain all the way though the Burren and only stopped when we got near the cliffs of Moher (least the Ailwee caves were inside I guess - a few ppl on the bus were doing a hill-walking tour!). When we got to the Cliffs though, I was reminded of the volcano in Bandung. The cliffs were, well, invisible, low cloud covered them, you could tell where the cliff in front of you stopped but that was about it. Reckon it cleared for about 2mins while we were there. Then, as we were heading back to Galway after all the touristy stiff was done, the weather cleared and we got blue sky! At least there was a nice view of Galway bay out the bus window as we were coming back...... :-(

No comments: