Tuesday, September 11, 2007

UPS can go screw themselves

Well, I seem to have gone a bit mad on the auld internet ordering in the last while - got a ton of books from amazon.co.uk, a DVD or two and a few toys from thinkgeek.com (was getting a gift token for a friend and sort of forgot to stop shopping). I don't think I'll be ordering from thinkgeek all that much any more tho - or using UPS.

I got my order delivered today, and the total from the thinkgeek side came to $75 including shipping (or about €55). That was ok, was expecting that, but then the charges came to €48 - or nearly the same worth as the order! They charged me €20.89 on VAT, €10.65 on Duty, which I can accept 'cos it's all govt charges, but then what pisses me off is that they charged me €13.50 on "other charges" whatever the hell they are, and then on top of that they charged me another €2.84 on VAT on my charges! So, they charged me VAT on the goods and then VAT on the fecking VAT! I thought that Ticketmaster were good at ass-raping you when you order stuff, but jesus!

So, if I order from thinkgeek again (which is doubtful looking at these charges), I'm not sending it by UPS!

No comments: