Wednesday, February 08, 2006

A few pics

Well, I finaly have the broadband working in the apartment. Seems the settings they told me were wrong, all I needed to do was set it up for DHCP. So, now that I have it, I can put up some of the pics I've been taking the last few days!

So, here's my apartment:



here's the view from my window:



Here's my new office:



And here's my first "tourist" pic, of the Gate of Heavenly Peace in Tian'anamen square!



I'll be adding all my pics to a flickr set as I go along anyway.

Oh, I've also been working on cross-cultural relations here too. Myself and my new team members went out for a meal last night (with the bottle of Paddys whiskey I brought over with me :-) ), and the conversation turned to sport, so I was telling them about hurling. So, this morning, I downloaded a few video clips to show them :-) This one especially impressed them, was just a shame about the result of the match...... (Cork vs Waterford Munster final 2004, 50Mb quicktime movie).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

#!/bin/bash -x

wget ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/unix/X11/graphics/ImageMagick/ImageMagick.tar.gz
gunzip -c ImageMagick.tar.gz | tar xf -
cd Image*; ./configure; make; make install
wget http://static.flickr.com/42/96947717_e97bf934fe.jpg?v=0
convert -rotate 90 96947717_e97bf934fe new-96947717_e97bf934fe.jpg

Oh I see - it's 2 buildings.