Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Last day in work!

Well, am into the final stretch in the Dublin office now. The next time I sit down at a work computer it'll be in China!

I'm starting to tidy up my desk here, and have started to say my goodbyes. First goodbye of the day was the cute Latvian(?) chick in the coffee shop (whose name I finally found out is Asia, pronounced "asha"), who wants me to send her a postcard from Beijing! As usual, have so much crap to tidy up before I head off that technically I could be here until 7pm tonight doing it if I weren't leaving at 4 to take a train home !

Had a bit of a going-away party last night in the pub downstairs (well, we went out for a few pints anyway). Was picking John & Lisa'a brains for some info on Beijing, 'cos they were there back in november. When they were talking sabout the taxi drivers trying to rip you off and the haggling in the market-place it finally hit me "crap! in a week's time I'm going to be dealing with this sort of thing!". Mostly in my own head I'm still not mentally prepared for going, and going by previous holidays it won't hit me that I'm really going until I'm there. At least I'll have a "liason officer" over there to help me get used to the place and stuff.

I just hope I'm packing enough of everything 'cos I'm really not sure what to expct weather-wise over htere. I know when I get there it's going to be damn cold, but it ain't gonna stay that way for 2 months solid is it? Should have bought the ski gear when I went to Soll rather than rented it, would be handy in -9 degrees over there.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I was there as well! :P

Well a Cantonese saying goes... "Jook nai ya low shoon foong!" -> Have a safe and pleasant journey!