Thursday, February 09, 2006

More Irish

Well, I managed to find some other irish people already! The admin here sent out the usual "please welcome Kieran to ERI" mail when I arrived, and nearly straight away I was contacted by another irish guy who works in the office here. Went out with him and his mates last night for a meal and a few drinks (was a going-away thing for another irish guy who's going home today). Got to bed at 4am, so am a tad tired today.....

He told me about some big mad events that are happening for Paddys day, including a black tie affair at the irish embassy. Good job I brought the suit jacket so! They're also planning a movie night, going to show a few episodes of Fr Ted (I suggested the one where he gets branded a racist by the Craggy Island Chinese community) and a film. Could be a laff.

No comments: