Tuesday, April 04, 2006

getting my bags home

I was just looking on the BA website and I reckon I'm going to have a lot of fun with getting my bags home. Apparenlty the weight allowance for non-US international flights with BA is 23kg per passenger, with a penalty of £30 per kilo for overweight bags. This is a bit steep compared to going to the US, where you get to have 32Kg per bag (not per passenger), and get charged £60 per overweight bag (not per kilo). Looks like I may have to lie at the airport, say I'm going to LA or NY, and then once I get through the gate, hop on the correct flight! :-)

One option which I hope may pan out is if I use the automated check-in, when I was flying out here and used that with Are Lingus they never checked teh weight, they just tagged the bags and shoved them on through.

No comments: