Friday, April 07, 2006

Last day in beijing office!

Wow, where did the time go? I'm on my last day in the Beijing office already! It doesn't feel like two months have passed at all, but this time tomorrow I'll be in Tokyo and this time next week I'll be on the plane home to Ireland.

It's been a bit of a whirlwind two months. I definitely haven't been sitting on my ass here anyway - reckon on average I've been going out doing stuff two out of every three days/nights I've been here (if not maybe a bit more), which isn't too bad a ratio, especially considering all that inconvenient "work" stuff that keeps getting in the way! It's been a bit tiring though, especially the last week. I think I've been out every night since maybe just after I came back from Shanghai 2 weeks ago, and it doesn't look like it'll be stopping any time soon either. I think the next time I'll get a good full night's sleep will be when I get back home! I definitely didn't get it last night anyway. Went out with some of the irish guys for wha probably will be my last visit to the local nightclub (Propaganda, in Wudaokou) and ended up getting in at about 6am! Reckon that's the latest night yet, but not by much.

At least I don't have to worry too much about rushing to get my project done before I leave now. it seems that at some stage over the last few weeks while I've been busting my ass to get it finished for today, working until 7, 7:30 or even pm, the managers decided that there was still too many legal issues to be resolved with the code and so they bumped out the schedule untilt he end of the next quarter in June. Only problem is, they sort of forgot to tell us, the engineers who were actually workign on it (I mean, why would we want to know something as trivial as that?). We knew we weren't going to get everything done by tht iem I left, but we thought we had to have a large section of it finished and released. Now we don't! I love the way Sun works sometimes......

No comments: