Thursday, April 06, 2006

rain!

It's raining here. First time I've seen rain in 2 months! it's not exactly up to the standard of what we get back home, but water defintely is falling fomr the sky. it seems some of the locals aren't quite sure what to do with it, there's been a few "working form home today because of the weather" emails gone out, and a few of them pulled out of my going-away lunch 'cos they said they felt a little sick didn't want to catch cold on the way to the restaurnat. Wimps!

What I am more worried about here is the traffic. I know the way back home that if it hasn't rained for a few weeks the roads get a bit slick and a bit dodgy to drive on. Well, after 3 months without rain here, I shudder to think the amount of slicks we'll get on the roads. It's not like the locals are the safest drivers in the world either...... Will be extra-careful crossing the roads here today!

No comments: