Tuesday, May 02, 2006

another year older :-(

Well, there we go. 28 on sunday. Now I'm officially getting old. Last thing I remember birthday-wise is the lads taking the piss out of me for hitting the quarter-century mark, and now 28? What the hell happened there?

So, what do I have to show for myself at the beginning of year number 28? Not as much as I'd like to. The Beijing trip was a great (and very welcome) break in a pattern of pretty much feck-all happening in my life. I'm 7 years in Sun this july - an eternity to be in any computer company - and the way things are going there's not exactly a huge room for advancement (when has there ever been tho?). I may be our senior engineer but it's advancement by attrition not by promotion, all the ppl who were more senior to me (or at the same level as me) upped and left. I've been living in the same apartment since I moved up to dublin as well, and while my flatmates have changed a few times along the way, nothing else really has - the faces change, the place and the situation remain the same. In terms of my love life, well, if I was a racehorse my racing form would mean I'd have been glue a long ago.

So, lots of things to improve on in the coming year!

No comments: