Saturday, May 27, 2006

Men's fashion - shades of gay?

I was just out doing a bit of clothes shopping, and I noticed a bit of a worrying trend in the "in" colors for guys this season. The shops were full of crap in some pretty gay colors. Pink. Lemon. Powder Blue. Light Brown. What the fuck? Either that or white short-sleeved striped shirts - still gay looking, or some seriously flowery looking shirts. And the lads at work were taking the piss out of the Tommy Bahama shirts I got in Beijing! I know when H&M opened here the clothes were pretty much meterosexual, but now it's spread to everwhere else. I suppose it doesn't really matter, I'm not really a fashion type anyway (not young, tall or skinny enough). Still, worrying to see!

I blame David Beckham. he was the one who really kicked off the whole "metrosexual" or JGE ("Just Gay Enough") thing. And speaking of which:

Yup, the England captain has followed in the wife's footsteps and gone and brought out a perfume. I wonder does it come with a little helium bottle so that you can sound like him as well?

No comments: