Tuesday, May 09, 2006

expenses for beijing trip

Well, I'm just after trying to put in my expense report for my trip to Beijing. I'm having some problems with it tho - the tool won't let me enter all my expense items. Every time I try to put in the cost of the apartment rental, I get a message saying "Total of expense items exceeds maximum allowed".

I had to put in a helpdesk call to get it sorted, and was a mite surprised when I got back a mail saying the reason this is happening is because in the expense tool there's an automatic $5,000 limit on any expenses for the Ireland office. Thing is, no-one seems to know about this - none of my managers knew, and it isn't documented on the travel policy that there's a limit either. Seems I'm the first one in the Ireland office to hit this limit! It's not often that I get a warm fuzzy feeling of accomplishment around this place, but I have one today! :-)

No comments: