Saturday, March 04, 2006

Sanlitun - finally!

Well, I finally made it to the bar area here in Beijing. I was out last night in a nightclub called propaganda just around the corner from me here in Wudaokou, not a bad spot, some interesting people (some even of the opposite sex and all!). Now, I'm just back from a bar called Brown's. Not a lot of locals there, a lot of yanks in fact, but still good. We were meant to go to a bar called The Hidden Tree, but the taxi dropped us off the wrong end of Sanlitun Bailu and then one of the lads had to find a drinklink to top up. By the time we got the money we just wanted to get to the nearest place and get ourselvs outside of some beer! I wasn't overly impressed by it at first, sort of reminded me of so many dublin "look at me I'm one of the beautiful people" pubs, plus teh tsingdao being 30 kwai didn't help much, but it started to get livelier after about 12. It seems that dancing on the bar is not only allowed there, but encouraged in fact - if more then 4 ppl do it, the barman hands up a tray of free shots! I would have liked to have stayed a bit longer longer than 2am in the end, but I sort of have to be up at 5:30am to get to the place I'm taking the great Wall Tour from. Ah well, 3hrs sleep awaits...... :-(

No comments: