Thursday, November 29, 2007

Food, glorious food!

Well, this is more like it, no more late nights hopefully (even if I am losing a weekend day). Am managing to get out early enough to actually get something to eat these days! In fact, yesterday, we got out at 5:30 and headed out to Hout Bay for some beers and some food with the guys from the office here. And what food! We went to a place called "Jimmy's Killer Prawns", which as you might guess by the name, does seafood. The other guys all got big mad platters of prawns, calamari etc, but not being a fish person, I decided to go for something else. So, I went for the 600g T-bone steak (about 21oz). Man, what a steak! The last time I had a steak something like this size was the 25oz I had in FXB's in Dublin, which cost €30 as opposed to €8 for this one. And no contest on the taste, this one was way superior, hell it can lay a decent challenge to the title of "best steak I ever ate". Medium, so nice and pink & tender on the inside, beautiful BBQ sauce, and whereas the FXB one was maybe 1/3 bone, fat and gristle, this was nearly all meat off the bone!

Whatever else about this place, I'll be lucky if I go home the same size I am now. And I've slipped back into my habit of eating weird stuff that you cna't get at home. As well as the big-ass steak, so far I've eaten Ostrich, Springbok, Crocodile and I know where I can order Zebra and Warthog as well :-)

No comments: