Monday, November 12, 2007

Xmas music

I was walking up Grafton St yesterday and I noticed a change to the usual "ambiance" of the street. As well as the normal buskers, we now have xmas music being broadcast from Brown Thomas. In fecking mid november. And all the lights are up already, even if they're not turned on. I don't mind shops playing xmas music inside, I can always avoid those, but you can't avoid it if they're playing it in the fecking street!

At least I suppose it's the old Bing Crosby crooner type songs, not the T-Rex "I wish it were xmas every day" twaddle (although I'd be surprised if a classy place like BT was playing that crap). Any xmas song brought out after Bing hung up his microphone should have all copies of it tracked down and burned in a big huge pyre, preferably with the original artists sitting on top as well.

Ok, now this takes the biscuit. Just heard an ad on the radio for some furniture superstore place on the north side advertising it's January Sales already! Jesus! :-(

No comments: