Monday, November 26, 2007

This had better not be the start of a trend.......

I'm just after pulling a 13hr day. Got into the office this morning and took me ages to get properly set up (network problems with my laptop), and as soon as I got connected, I landed in a shitstorm, had a ton of emails waiting for me. I knew from being told last min on friday that I'd be doing an upgrade today when I arrived in, but I never quite got told how complicated it'd be! It didn't help much that there was a lot of confusion between our side and the customer side over what exactly was being upgraded - with me being on the sharp pointy end of the argument over here with not a fecking clue what I was arguing about since the first time I'd heard any of it was half an hour before the meeting!

Finally got sorted what needed to be done, so all I had to do was actually do it. Easier said than done! We managed to get all of the arguing done by about 4pm, which meant that most of my day was gone already, on something I was told absolutely positively had to be done this evening. So, I managed to get out of work finally at about 10:15ish. Betcha I go in tomorrow and get told that "oh no, we won't actually be getting the test results until tomorrow anyway." :-(

No comments: