Friday, January 13, 2006

First Post Ever!

Well, here we are, my first ever blog post (not counting all of the wikki pages at work!). I was hoping to get a different address, like milesfromhome or milesaway, but those names were taken already, dammit. Thanks guys, I had the background images drawn and all!

Anyway, I suppose the first thing to do is answer the question "why start blogging now?". For ages I resisted putting up a blog, as I thought I'd never have anything interesting or original to say in it, but it seems millions of people around the world are managing it every day, so why not me? Besides, I said that about putting up a web page back in the day, and I managed to find something for that (even if it hasn't been updated for a few years). I also said that if I ever managed to wangle that big trip abroad I wanted out of my boss, that I'd put up ablog about it. So, here we go!

Of course, whether anyone will ever read this or not now, well, that's another question !

Anyway, I'll introduce myself at another stage, and explain a bit more about my "big trip". In the meantime, I have to play with this blog thing, see how it works!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now you just need to get yourself onto boingboing ;)