Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday the 13th

Hmph, typical. I had a feeling that starting a blog on Friday the 13th would be a bit of an inauspicious start! Just after posting my first entry, and the display driver on my laptop packs it in! there I was, not even sure whether the blog was working or not, and no idea how to edit it once I'd started, and boom!

Well, the machine is nearly 2 years old now, and could do with a bit of a rehaul I guess. Power cable is fraying, I lost the door of the CD drive a good while ago, and I'm not sure is it just dirt or dead pixel syndrome on the screen. The OS is getting flakey too, shuts down without warning when playing games like Battlefield 2 or when my Matrix screensaver is working (at least I hope that's a software problem and not a hardware one!). As soon as that 4Gb game is bittorrented down, this baby is getting its c: drive wiped, reformatted and reinstalled, but until then I'll have to soldier on.

No comments: