Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Visa

Well, I have the visa application in now anyway. Took the morning off work and went in to sort it out. I got off to a great start this morning anyway - I thought I had a few passport pics left over from when I got my railcard, but I couldn't find them anywhere, so I had ot go get new ones. First place I went into told me "our camera is broke, try in next door". Next door told me they didn't do them, try Boots. Boots on grafton st told me they didn't do them either, try the camera shop opposite Tower Records. Finally got them anyway, and just got to the buss stop to catch sight of the ass end of the 46A dissapear off down the road. Good start to the day!

Finally managed to get out to the embassy around 11. I wanted to get a multi-entry 6-month visa, but yer man didn't want to give me anything more than a single entry one, so I managed to talk him up to a 3-month, 2-entry one. Looks like my plans for pissing off to japan and korea and all such places are out the window - I can pick one place and that's it. Have to go back and collect it next weds morning now - hopefully.

At least that's out of the way now anyway. I also called into Thomas cook and ordered me some foreign exchange. I only got €500 in cash, I don't want to be bringing too much into the country with me.

Oh, when I was out on Ailesbury road, I saw some pretty strange grafitti outside Donnybrok church:

A vandal with a classical education? Some drunk jesuit letting loose a bit? My latin is a bit rusty, but I think it means "God Is Love". Beats "Jesus woz ere" I guess......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it means "gods love/gift is very right". Could it have been an educated hippy?

Anonymous said...

I donno why ppl like to write graffitti on buildings, especially on old ones. Like they don't have space to write elsewhere! I think writing posts is a way out!