Thursday, January 19, 2006

Flights are booked!

....I think. I rang up AMEX this afternoon and asked to have my provisional booking switched to a full booking (as in actually buy the damn thing). The guy on the other end of the phone took my provisional booking number and my expense request number and said he'd get back to me. Hasn't happened yet. I went on to the reservations web site anyway and tried to look up my provisional booking, and it wasn't there, so I'm going to take that as a good sign.....

(later)

Ah, it's appearing up now. Looks like I'm flying on a Boeing 777 both ways, and have an aisle seat on the way over but a window seat on the way back. I just hope the meal is a bit better planned than the last time I flew BA internationally. last time I went on the LHR-SFO run, they served chicken kiev. Imagine, 300-odd people, in a pressurized metal container for 10hrs, eating garlic........ The ppl I felt really sorry for was the poor sods at the arrivals gate who had to open the airplane door! :-)

No comments: