Monday, January 16, 2006

Flights sorted!

Well, I've just about got my flights sorted now.
Out:
DUB-LHR 04-Feb 1020-1140
LHR-PEK 04-Feb 1640-10:30 05 Feb

Back:
PEK-LHR 14-Apr 1020-1405
LHR-DUB 14-Apr 1550-1705
So return flight shoud just about get me into dublin in time to catch the last train down to waterford, if I should chose to do so. I have them provisionally booked until thursday, so I need to go off and sort out my visa now. I got the letter of welcome from the Beijing office in the fax this morning too, so might head into town early tomorrow to try to get this sorted....

Hmm, the letter says I'm invited for 6 months, but the flights say 2. Wonder will that be an issue?

Got quoted flights for BA, KLM and Lufthansa. BA was the cheapest, so naturally I had to go for that one. At €827 it's nearly €175 cheaper than I had down in my expense request, so that should go down well with the boss.

Lufthansa is ridiculous tho - €5,827.90? I got it quoted on Gohop for €905! I told the girl in AMEX the difference I was seeing and she went off to check was the price she was getting for executive class or something. Returned saying "nope, that's the price for economy class, exec class is nearly double that". I dunno what sort of spectaular service Lufthansa are offering for that price, but for that much money in economy I'd expect the entire economy section to myself! Maybe economy in Lufthansa is like 1st class on any other airline, which would mean that for first class you probably eat endangered animal steaks and get a complementary slave girl or something to keep as a souveneir.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BA is always the choice to the Far East. It's always the cheapest. Luftansa, you are just paying for really good services, but that price is just a little bit too high! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, 1 more thing. Check out flickr.com, you can upload your piccies, and there is a free pkg. Quite popular. My username is whykay.