Monday, January 30, 2006

A splash of colour

Well, I finally got around to adding a few images to my page.

The background pic on my header should hopefully read "Miles away from home", or it's closest equivalent in Chinese.

The literal translation of the characters on the red "board" are

游: to swim, float, drift, wander, roam

子: offspring, child, fruit, seed of

迹: traces, impressions, footprints

重: heavy, weighty, double

which goes together as "when a man leaves home to go to places far away, those places contain his footmark", which is from a poem I think. probably sounds better in the original!

The background image on the page is made up of the chinese character for "a great distance" and a dragon etching that I have on the back cover of my phone which I got done in Hong Kong last August (the original is here, if you want a look).

No comments: