Monday, January 23, 2006

sick laptop

Hmm, this isn't good. I think my laptop is just aobut rady to have a meltdown. I've known for a while that I needed a new AC adaptor, and a new CD drive door, and I had my suspicions about the CPU fan due to hearing the odd funny noise from it, there's the gfx driver crashing every now and then, and the 'e' key started sticking fri night, but now something else has come along. I booted up my machine in linux a while ago, and now I'm seeing this message:

Message from syslogd@area51 at Mon Jan 23 15:13:34 2006 ...
area51 kernel: CPU#1: Running in modulated clock mode

Message from syslogd@area51 at Mon Jan 23 15:13:34 2006 ...
area51 kernel: CPU#1: Temperature above threshold


Thinking that I'm heading for some serious issues here soon! Couldn't have come at a worse time either - two weeks before I'm due to head off for two months! For the last while I've been pretty much running the laptop 24/7 what with bittorrenting down stuff and all, so things are starting to wear out. Going to have to be a bit more careful for a while! orderd th AC adaptor anyway, hopefully it'll arrive before I head off to China!

No comments: