Sunday, January 15, 2006

My Cat is Wierd....

For some reason recently my cat has developed the habit of sleeping in boxes and shopping bags. He's never been the sharpest tool in the shed, but this is more strangness than we've seen in a while.


Ah, I love weekends. One of the joys of being an IT geek is that you're like a doctor, you're never off-duty. My aunt calls around to the house yesterday, and in the middle of the chat she casually informs me that my cousin is having problems with his computer, would I be able to take a look. What can I say except "Sure, I'll take a look", one has to be diplomatic with one's relations after all. So, I call around to the house and take a quick look, and sure enough there's some mad processes hogging 99% of the CPU time and the virus scanner won't start up. Seems the son of the house has a habit of downloading random "interesting" software and putting it on the machine.... I took the advice of Ripley from Aliens: "Let's just lift off and nuke the thing from orbit", so wiped it and re-installed from scratch.

Oh, got this link off a friend - O'Reilly's Time Management for System Administrators. Must get that one.....

No comments: