Thursday, January 19, 2006

new tag line

Thanks to Yandong at work for providing me with my new tag line! I was asking him how to translate my blog name so I could put it in an image, and he gave me this one. Apparenly it's from some poem and translates (roughly) as "a man leaves home to go to places far away, and these places contain his footmark". Sounds pretty good, so I'll keep it! :-)

Seems putting it in as just text characters isn't working in my browser, the 1st and 3rd characters aren't being recognized. Could be just windows not having the proper font glyphs, it looks fine on my Solaris machine...... Going to work on creating a new header image now, I'll try to incorporate that into it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you might need to convert to HTML char entities for those chars? Or maybe they are... depends if the machine has the font for that word. I know MT converts chars like that to HTML char entities.
But the underlying thing is the font support.